George J. Annas is William Fairfield Warren Distinguished Professor at Boston University and Director of the Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights at Boston University School of Public Health, and a member of the Department of Health Law, Policy and Management at the School of Public Health. He is also a Professor at the School of Law and School of Medicine. He is author or editor of 20 books on health law and bioethics, including The Rights of Patients (3d ed 2004), Public Health Law (2d ed 2014), American Bioethics (2005), Worst Case Bioethics (2010), and Genomic Messages (2015). He is a member of the National Academy of Medicine and a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He is the co-founder of Global Lawyers & Physicians, an NGO dedicated to promoting health and human rights.
- Director, Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health
- Professor, General Internal Medicine, Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
- Harvard School of Public Health, MPH
- Harvard College, AB
- Harvard Law School, JD
- PUBLISHED ON 1/1/2018Annas GJ, Grodin MA. Reflections on the 70th Anniversary of the Nuremberg Doctors’ Trial. Am J Public Health. 2018 Jan; 108(1):10-12. PMID: 29211519.
- PUBLISHED ON 11/21/2017Annas GJ. Beyond Nazi War Crimes Experiments: The Voluntary Consent Requirement of the Nuremberg Code at 70. Am J Public Health. 2018 Jan; 108(1):42-46. PMID: 29161060.
- PUBLISHED ON 9/1/2017Annas GJ. (Public) Health and Human Rights: Of Bridges and Matrixes. Am J Bioeth. 2017 Sep; 17(9):13-15. PMID: 28829275.
- PUBLISHED ON 5/1/2017Annas GJ, Grodin MA. Frozen Ethics: Melting the Boundaries Between Medical Treatment and Organ Procurement. Am J Bioeth. 2017 May; 17(5):22-24. PMID: 28430061.
- PUBLISHED ON 3/1/2017Annas GJ. Informed Consent: Charade or Choice? J Law Med Ethics. 2017 Mar; 45(1):10-11. PMID: 28661272.
- PUBLISHED ON 11/1/2016Mariner WK, Annas GJ. A Culture Of Health And Human Rights. Health Aff (Millwood). 2016 Nov 01; 35(11):1999-2004. PMID: 27834239.
- PUBLISHED ON 6/10/2016Annas GJ. Force-feeding at Guantanamo. J Med Ethics. 2017 Jan; 43(1):26. PMID: 27288095.
- PUBLISHED ON 5/10/2016Annas GJ. Cure research and consent: the Mississippi Baby, Barney Clark, Baby Fae and Martin Delaney. J Med Ethics. 2017 Feb; 43(2):104-107. PMID: 27165841.
- PUBLISHED ON 5/1/2016Annas G, Grodin M. Hospital Ethics Committees, Consultants, and Courts. AMA J Ethics. 2016 May 01; 18(5):554-9. PMID: 27213888.
- PUBLISHED ON 5/1/2016Annas GJ. Ebola and Human Rights: Post-9/11 Public Health and Safety in Epidemics. Am J Law Med. 2016 May; 42(2-3):333-355. PMID: 29086644.